Monthly Punnet Project ~ March~ Storybook Cottage Pincushion ~
The Storybook Cottage pincushion is designed by USA designer Tammy Tutterow.
Finished size: 6 1/2″ tall to the peak of the roof x 2 1/2″ deep x 4 1/4″ wide (building, not including yard).
The pattern is suitable for wool, wool felt, and cotton fabrics. This project kit is in felt.
Here is what Tammy says about her project:~
"This fun little pincushion is such a delight to create and will look simply adorable in your craft space. The dreamy little cottage is just what you would imagine tucked away in a forgotten forest or secret garden. Can you just imagine Goldilocks taking a quick nap here? Or maybe Red Riding Hood at the door with a basket of treats? Because the pattern includes step-by-step instructions with photos, you will love how easy it is to assemble this unique pincushion." Read more about my inspiration and process for this pattern on my blog: Storybook Cottage Pincushion Blog Post
The Storybook Cottage Punnet Project includes:
- PDF pattern will be emailed to you- (I have purchased a pattern for each kit & it will have your name on the file) Pattern has a full description of the process and includes step-by-step instructions with photos ~24 pages (The pattern includes 19 full color step-by-step instructions with photographs, 3 pattern pages, and two additional assembly guides. All pages are pdfs and print to 8.5″ x 11″)
- Customised button set for this pattern including a frog, bird, ladybird, door knob, 1 large heart & 3 small hearts. Pre-packaged assortment of polymer clay and hand-dyed buttons
- Customised Pin set of 5 pins~ 2 birds, heart, butterfly & button. Handmade buttons slice mounted on a stainless steel sewing pin
- precut flower pack with small colourful buttons~ for 17 flowers ( You can change the flower colours by making more of your own from the pattern provided.)
- 14 precut leaves
- Paper copy of cutting patterns & placement guide
- extra notes to help with thread selection and construction
- felt to complete the project
- interfacing, steam a seam 2, vilene soluble
- ground walnut shells for filling base of pincushion
What you will need:
- stuffing for filling the pincushion
- a variety of threads to match the felt used
- cardboard (I used cardboard from a notepad)
- fabric glue eg fabric fuse
Overview of skills needed to assemble the cottage
The project is all hand sewn and uses stitches like back stitch, blanket stitch and running stitch. It is a bit like model making with felt so you just need to be able to follow the instructions step by step. You can change the flower colours by making more of your own from the pattern provided.