Monthly Punnet Project ~ April~"Hungarian Hearts" Cushion Pattern & Kit
This "Hungarian Hearts" Cushion is my first stitchery pattern so I hope you enjoy making it. I grew up with Hungarian embroidered cushions on my bed as my Mum was a Hungarian refugee to New Zealand.
This pattern has been inspired by Hungarian embroidery and the "Old Rose Collection" Range from Tilda. My Mum loved roses so this is in memory to her,- she passed away 13 years ago from breast cancer. I think she would have loved this cushion!
Included in the Kit:
- Pattern instructions & design to trace
- 12 pieces of Old Rose Collection designs 3 x 6 in
- 2 pieces of Old Rose Collection designs 25 cm x 25 cm
- 1 piece Tilda Dove White for stitchery panel
- 1 Old Rose Collection fat quarter, backing fabric, you choose which one you would like from the 4 options above
- DMC threads to match the "Old Rose Collection" Fabric
Other requirements you will need:
- ½ m iron on pellon
- 3 buttons
- General sewing supplies
- 16 inch/40 cm cushion insert
A useful item to trace the image is a wash-away pen, we stock the DMC Transfer pen which I used for this project.